About EVS Metal
EVS Metal is a growing precision sheet metal fabrication company that is committed to excellence. THe company’s mission is to provide metal fab services, including machining, mechanical assemblies, and integration, that meet or exceed our customers’ requirements. We accomplish this by fostering an environment that emphasizes personal responsibility, continuous improvement, teamwork, innovation, safety, and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visual/mechanical inspection of incoming raw material, outsourced product to include machined parts, parts with special processes applied and utilizing drawings and checklists
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work
- Perform final inspection of outgoing product utilizing purchase orders, routers and drawings
- Complete inspection forms and enter results into ERP system as required
- Follows departmental Standard Work and recommends improvements to the inspection process
- Interacts collaboratively with other departments – Quality, Engineering, Operations, Warehouse – to support Quality at the Source and Continuous Improvement
- Understands the proper operation, use and handling of calibrated measurement equipment
Has a minimum of a High School diploma/GED plus 3+ years of inspecting fabricated and machined metal parts.
- Has strong skills in the selection, handling and proper use of measurement instruments such as micrometers, calipers, gauges and Virtec scanner.
- Possesses strong attention to detail for accurate and repeatable measurements, recording data and interpreting blueprints;
- Ability to review and interpret customer specifications and quality requirements.
- Knowledgeable of ASNSI Z 1.4, Z1.9 sampling tables. (Mil-Std 105)
- First Article Inspection experience
- Experience working in an ISO environment
- Has excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Is a supportive team member who works collaboratively within a group;
- Possesses a bias for action, the ability to handle multiple priorities and a positive, open attitude
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and embraces Continuous Improvement
- Uses Microsoft Office Suite proficiently and is willing to learn EVS business software
- Must be able to reliably commute or be planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing experience: 1 year (Required)
- Precision Sheet Metal Quality Inspection Experience: 2 years (Required)
Interested? Apply Online!
EVS Metal is an equal opportunity employer