1st Shift: 6:30am – 2:30pm
About EVS Metal
EVS Metal is a growing precision sheet metal fabrication company that is committed to excellence. EVS Metal’s mission is to provide metal fab services, including machining, mechanical assemblies, and integration, that meet or exceed our customers’ requirements. We accomplish this by fostering an environment that emphasizes personal responsibility, continuous improvement, teamwork, innovation, safety, and growth.
The press brake operator will use Amada CNC brakes to bend and shape metal sheets within our fabrication shop. The operator will be required to read blueprints, take careful measurements, and feed raw material into programmed press brakes to produce custom metal products and parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forms sheet metal parts according to work order and drawing requirements
- Determines forming specifications
- Assures proper materials accompany work order and run production parts according to print specifications
- Set up and operate press brake machines (Amada machine knowledge is a plus)
- Assist in debugging operating or programming problems with high laser cut quality parts
- Work / inspect parts according to blueprints
- Maintain high standards of quality by making sure that parts passed on to a subsequent work center are ready
- Work and be familiar with measuring tools (calipers, protractors, square, and radius gages, etc.)
- Able to work independently
- Has a minimum of a high school diploma/GED plus 3+ years of independent CNC press brake experience
- Possesses strong attention to detail for accurate and repeatable measurements, recording data and interpreting blueprints
- Understanding of metal types and forming characteristics
- Follows ISO 9001 procedures
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Has excellent communication and organizational skills
- Is a supportive team member who works collaboratively within a group
- Possesses a bias for action, the ability to handle multiple priorities and a positive, open attitude
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and embraces continuous Improvement
- Uses Microsoft Office Suite proficiently and is willing to learn EVS business software
Interested? Apply Online!
EVS Metal is an equal-opportunity employer.