Riverdale, NJ – August 6, 2008 –EVS Metal is proud to announce the addition of an Amada FO 4020NT 4000 watt laser to its Texas precision sheet metal fabrication facility.
The FO 4020NT raises the bar for function and performance with increased cutting speeds and several new features supporting quicker and simpler setup, such as a PC-based network control, cartridge style lens, and one-touch nozzle. Big on power and even bigger on productivity, the FO-NT is equipped to handle thicker materials on full 5’x10’ sheets allowing EVS to expand their customer base and stay cost competitive.
Other features of the new laser include:
- Minimal setup between jobs
- High speed processing of thin and thick materials
- Operator-friendly windows-based network compatible control
- X-Axis “dual drive” rack & pinion gantry for precise location at the fastest speed
- High-speed pallet shuttle
- Cast iron frame for superior stability
- Water Assisted Cutting System (WACS™) uses an adjustable water mist to absorb heat generated by the cutting process
- 6′ x 13′ maximum sheet size
- 3150 IPM maximum X- and Y-axis speed (4454 IPM max. at 45° vector)
- 2362 IPM maximum Z-axis speed
- Fanuc 160iL 32-bit control
- 4000 watt CW laser source utilizing the latest technology to improve optic life