Riverdale, NJ (EVS HQ)
1st Shift: 6:00am – 2:30pm
Sign-On Bonus: $2000
About EVS Metal:
EVS Metal is a growing precision sheet metal fabrication company that is committed to excellence. The company’s mission is to provide metal fab services, including machining, mechanical assemblies, and integration, that meet or exceed our customers’ requirements. We accomplish this by fostering an environment that emphasizes personal responsibility, continuous improvement, teamwork, innovation, safety, and growth.
Responsible for in-process quality inspections, as well as other aspects of EVS Metal’s quality management system (QMS) including non-conforming material, corrective actions, and other support activities. The individual will work independently, promote continuous improvement, and assist in maintaining high standards of quality for our company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Visual/mechanical inspection of incoming raw material and outsourced product to include machined parts and parts with special processes applied, utilizing drawings and checklists
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work
- Perform final inspection of outgoing product utilizing purchase orders, routers and drawings
- Complete inspection forms and enter results into ERP system as required
- Follows departmental Standard Work and recommends improvements to the inspection process
- Interacts collaboratively with other departments – Quality, Engineering, Operations, Warehouse – to support Quality at the Source and Continuous Improvement
- Understands the proper operation, use and handling of calibrated measurement equipment
- Minimum of a high school diploma/GED
- 3+ years of inspecting fabricated and machined metal parts
- Has strong skills in the selection, handling and proper use of measurement instruments such as micrometers, calipers, gauges and Virtec scanner
- Possesses strong attention to detail for accurate and repeatable measurements, recording data and interpreting blueprints
- Ability to review and interpret customer specifications and quality requirements.
- Knowledgeable of ASNSI Z 1.4, Z1.9 sampling tables. (Mil-Std 105)
- First Article Inspection experience
- Experience working in an ISO environment
- Has excellent communication and organizational skills
- Is a supportive team member who works collaboratively within a group
- Possesses a bias for action, the ability to handle multiple priorities and a positive, open attitude
- Is comfortable working in a fast paced environment and embraces Continuous Improvement
- Uses Microsoft Office Suite proficiently and is willing to learn EVS business software
Interested? Apply Now!
EVS Metal is an equal opportunity employer