Riverdale, NJ (HQ)
1st Shift: 7:00am – 2:30pm
Sign-On Bonus: $2000
About EVS Metal:
EVS Metal is a growing precision sheet metal fabrication company that is committed to excellence. Our mission is to provide metal fab services, including machining, mechanical assemblies, and integration, that meet or exceed our customers’ requirements. We accomplish this by fostering an environment that emphasizes personal responsibility, continuous improvement, teamwork, innovation, safety, and growth.
The Materials Manager will oversee the planning, procurement, storage, control, and distribution of materials and products according to company needs and customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation and monitoring of detailed production schedule to support sales orders
- Develop monthly capacity plan to determine production lead times
- Work closely with sales to provide input on customer expedite requests
- Continuously monitor progress against production plan and work with operations team to resolve any issues to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders
- Accurately maintain the ERP system and inventories
- Issue timely and accurate requisitions for purchased material and ensure timely order placement and on time delivery from supply chain
- Conduct cycle counting and physical inventories to ensure continuous inventory accuracy
- Ensure that all labor and material transactions to work orders are completed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Work closely with the general manager to ensure that all work orders and PO’s are costed and closed in a timely and accurate manner
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement efforts, participate in process improvement projects including but not limited to; skills cross training, cycle time reduction, LEAN and 5s
- Implement and maintain KPIs as necessary to ensure performance meets/exceeds requirements
- Manage and direct activities of direct reports including production planning, purchasing, and material handling group.
- Walk the shop several times a day to observe work flow, speak with employees and ensure that any issues affecting work progress are resolved and any opportunities for improvement are duly noted and followed up on
- College degree and/or experience deemed equivalent by the hiring manager
- 5-10 years of experience in production control within a manufacturing environment preferably in the sheet metal industry.
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings, bills of materials and technical specifications in English.
- Inventory management experience, familiarity with creating and closing work orders, posting costs to variance, rework and scrap accounts
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Computer skills including MS Office products, and ERP systems.
- Ability to work in a shop environment including navigating stairs and lifting tools and parts that weigh up to 50lbs by hand
Interested? Apply Online!
EVS Metal is an equal opportunity employer